Amy Hoffner Poirier, President
Dottie Hoy, Vice President
Joe Morris, Treasurer
Carol Schmitz-Corken, Secretary
Our MissionBread Riot cultivates a thriving local economy by facilitating a supply of locally produced food, utilizing sustainable farming practices and focusing on whole-life issues, education, and environmental concern.
- We support local and sustainable agriculture.
- We respect the environment.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our lifestyles on the world we share with other species and future generations.
- We prefer to work with local, earth-friendly producers.
- We believe that every individual can make a tangible difference in the world by choosing their foods wisely – supporting local and sustainably-minded producers, and supporting vulnerable farmers.
- We strive to make the Bread Riot welcoming and accessible to all and to respect the opinions, needs and concerns of every member.
Upcoming events include: Sustainability Book Club (every first Thursday of the month) “Resistance” film screening in partnership with the Catawba Center for the Environment
With input from the board and “focus groups” (basically anyone that would talk to me), the new logo leaves out the “fist” that was in […]
Local advocacy group Bread Riot presents the annual “farm-to-table dinner” as a celebration of food raised by farmers in and around Rowan County. Read more […]