Amy Hoffner Poirier, President
Dottie Hoy, Vice President
Joe Morris, Treasurer
Carol Schmitz-Corken, Secretary
Our MissionBread Riot cultivates a thriving local economy by facilitating a supply of locally produced food, utilizing sustainable farming practices and focusing on whole-life issues, education, and environmental concern.
- We support local and sustainable agriculture.
- We respect the environment.
- We strive to reduce the impact of our lifestyles on the world we share with other species and future generations.
- We prefer to work with local, earth-friendly producers.
- We believe that every individual can make a tangible difference in the world by choosing their foods wisely – supporting local and sustainably-minded producers, and supporting vulnerable farmers.
- We strive to make the Bread Riot welcoming and accessible to all and to respect the opinions, needs and concerns of every member.
2015 was a good year for food in Rowan County. It was probably the best the Farmers’ Market has had in its “new” location at […]
This past Saturday evening, we hosted a great “Meat” and Greet at Lost & Found, a new vintage shop in “Hogan Alley” between the Salisbury […]
I was just looking over our survey from the end of last year’s Winter Harvest program. It made me really happy to see feedback from […]